Being marketed as a sport – performance enhancer, methoxyisoflavone (MIF) is a flavonoid made in the lab from ipriflavone. It is claimed that MIF has a steroid-like activity. The two minerals boron and vitamin E increase the effectiveness of MIF.
Athletic Benefits of MIF:
Possible athletic benefits are:
- May increase muscle mass and strength.
- May improve oxygenation.
- Reduces muscle damage resulted from exercise.
Non – Athletic Benefits of MIF:
- Shows antioxidant activity.
- May help increase bone density in osteoporosis.
- Promotes wound healing.
- May demonstrate anti- catabolic property.
Recommended dosage of MIF is 400 – 800 mg per day.